A warming bowl of spicy laksa that is quick and easy to make.
This recipe is brought to you by Steenbergs, providers of organic spices and cooking ingredients.
Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup from Southeast Asia and can be found in Singapore, Malaysia, parts of Thailand and Indonesia
How to Make Prawn and Coconut Laksa
A nice easy recipe that is suitable for all levels of cookery skills.
- Heat the oil in a wok or similar and fry the garlic, ginger and spring onions for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spice blend and cook for a couple of minutes to release the lovely aromas.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook until the prawns are cooked (5 minutes)
- In the meantime, cook the noodles as per the instructions.
- Serve a handful of noodles in each bowl and top with the prawn and vegetable curry and a ladleful of sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and coconut flakes to serve.
Ingredients for Prawn and Coconut Laksa
3 x tablespoon vegetable oil
2 x garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
5cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
5 x spring onions, chopped
2 x tablespoon Steenbergs Laksa spice blend
150g of mangetout
1 x courgette, sliced
1 x small head of broccoli, cut into small florets/or one pack of Pak choi
2 x 400ml tins of coconut milk
1 x teaspoon fish sauce
1 x lime, juiced
350g x raw frozen king prawns, defrosted
340g x pack of medium noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
Chopped coriander and toasted coconut flakes to garnish