This is a simple Malaysian style recipe by one of our Guest Chefs, Norman Musa of Ning.
Norman is on a mission to spread the word about Malaysian food across the country and the whole of Europe and he suggested this recipe to us as a good introduction to Malaysian Cookery.
Mee Goreng Ayam
Chicken Stir-Fried Noodles
200g egg noodles
150g chicken flesh, thinly sliced
½ medium onion
2 cloves garlic
½ inch ginger root
2 fresh red chillies
50g spinach, cut
½ tablespoon dark sweet soy sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
½ teaspoon salt
- Soak the egg noodles in hot water to soften (no need, if using fresh egg noodles).
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger and chillies in a blender, or you can use a pestle and mortar.
- Heat up the cooking oil in wok or pan and fry the blended ingredients until aroma rises.
- Add the chicken and fry until sealed and turning white.
- Next add the noodles, salt, dark sweet and light soy sauces.
- Finally add the spinach and fry until slightly wilted.
- Take off the heat.
- Ready to serve.